Home Maintenance Links
Cleaning, House Work
For the housekeeping challenged.
Steam cleaning your own carpets
Carpet Care - University of Florida, Institute of Food
Sciences (UF/IFAS) [edis.ifas.ufl.edu/HE786]
Top 6 Carpet Steam Cleaners [about.com/.../steamer]
Bissell "Deep Cleaning machines", apparently only the 'ProHeat' models
have onboard heaters (+25*F). sales pitch: [bissell.com]
Around $125-$250 wild guess. Good rep, but wimpy specs.
Rug Doctor [rugdoctor.com]
high prices ($700-$900).
Reliable Vapor Steam Cleaner System $250-$350 [healthgoods.com/.../Vapor_Steam_Cleaning_Systems]
- Boiler Temperature 302*F-320*F=tip temp 221*F
- 68 ounce (2.0 l) boiling chamber
- steam pressure at 58 psi (4.0 bar)
- 120vac, 1450w, 12a.
- Weight: 20 lbs.
mention of vacuume, or where the dirt ends up.
Aztec Heated Mini Extractor - $600-$650 [cleangrout.com/carpet...cleaners]
These things sound serious, and at a serious price. Several
rebranded models, all alike except for color, casters, other minor
- Heater: 1600w (serious heater element)
- Solution Temp: 200*F (worthy of the term 'steam'!)
- Solution Tank: 1.5 Gallon
- Recovery Tank: 2 Gallon
- Vacuum power: 102" ("Strongest Vacuum in the Industry")
- Spray pump press: 60 psi
- Temp. Reg: Auto. Thermostat
- Power: 15A (now we're talkin!)
- Weight: 18#
Bathroom Remodeling Info
Alta Vista seach, "home bathroom remodel how to DIY" (~200k hits)
- "Bathroom Remodeling: What Are your Options?"
General Home Repair Info
- lots of home repair/maint/improve articles, search by topic/keyword.